Monday 28 February 2011


Last day in Macae and all packed. The wind was blowing hard here and some storm out in the Atlantic was whipping up the waves as well. Huge waves, I didn’t even go to the beach, went to the roof top pool instead. Can’t believe the strength of the waves, now I understand how a ship can break up if they go on the rocks with waves like that washing over it.
Found a nice place to eat just down the road, a buffet and so good, wish I had found it earlier.  I leave here at 7:00 tomorrow morning for the bus stop. It will take me to the bus depot in Rio where I have to get a taxi to the airport. I have a note for a taxi driver and a map of the bus depot provided by a teacher friend.  I leave Rio at 13:15 and get to Sao Paolo at 14:07 where I will be met by a school representative.