Saturday 19 February 2011


Got a call from the head office and everything has changed.  On Monday the 28th of February I will be flying to Sao Paulo where I am needed, more than here.  Not sure of many details except I will be going to Rio by bus (at my request instead of with a crazy taxi driver).  I’ll take a written note in Portuguese to give a taxi for my trip to the airport from the bus stop. Kind of sad since I am really getting attached to the kids, (very huggable) and having fun in the classrooms.  Also I’ll miss the teachers who I like very much. I was going in each class for ½ an hour a day (13 classes) and doing mini lessons.  Came home today and had to peel off the dried glue from my hands…..just like I used to.
Homeopathic medicine in Nova Scotia is not yet very widely accepted and any medicine sent for children to take in school there would of course be antibiotics. I was very surprised here to see in several classrooms, homeopathic medicines sent in by parents for their children. I asked about it and it is a very accepted method of treatment here.