Tuesday 15 February 2011


 Rig supply boat

Was at the door bright and early at 6:40, I waited for about 10 minutes till the desk clerk at the apartment came out to tell me my driver was at the other door waiting for me. Having lots of trouble meeting up with my drivers.  Very busy day today, running from class to class and trying to get a feel of where the children are in their learning.
The boats in the harbour are not shrimp boats, they are oil supply boats, going back and forth to the rigs which are off shore. The plumbing here isn’t like ours. I don’t think there are any air locks or traps. These rooms will never flood, there are drains in the kitchen and in the bathroom, built into the floor. Every now and then the whole system burps and the smell is pretty bad. Well mine burped to day and I had the windows wide open this evening. I let the smell out but let in a whole lot of ‘No Seeums’, little devils  I can barely see but I sure can feel.  Still enjoying the warmth,  every so often I go out in the school yard  just to feel that wonderful  sun.