Sunday 27 February 2011

 Big tournament all day at the beach, some kind of paddle ball. Boy are they good!

Big surf.
Wash day…..and to find a washer before another early bird nabs it. Missed out on the washer by about 30 seconds, got there just as someone in their PJs was filling up the washer. I waited till after she left and to check the time left and it was 5 hours and 30 minutes. What kind of a cycle takes that long??? I’m thinking these wonder washers (not coin operated) are maybe washers and dryers combined!?!? Did a search of all floors and found a washer on the first floor unoccupied, same as the 4th floor one, you need a knife to pop the latch. I must look dangerous or paranoid every time I go to the washers with a knife in my hand.
My main job today was to find an ATM with some English so I could get some money for the ride to the airport. Guessing what a bank machine says isn’t good.  Who knows where I would tell the money to go in Portuguese. Finally after about 8 ATMs I finally was able to withdraw some cash. Then off to the beach, just soaked up the sun and walked in the surf. Waves were huge and although the water looked so inviting….beyond the breaking surf… I remembered my last attempt at getting past the surf. I think it takes practice.
Oh I think I hear another big party coming down the road,again only this one is later and maybe bigger. Every street party so far has had a T shirt worn by the party people, now I can see people walking up the road wearing fluorescent orange halter tops. Oh and the beer trucks aren't beer, it is a soft drink they pass out.