Thursday 17 February 2011



Met our grandson, Owen on Skype last night. He is a cutie. Can’t wait to see him end of March. Will be home around first of April.  Many thanks to Tom and Gabrielle for being such awesome house sitters. The cats and Puppy are very happy to have them there.
Today was my early day at school, I woke at 5:30 to give me time to be ready to be out waiting for my driver at 6:40. Well no one showed up, wait, wait and the doormen all speak only Portuguese, but they were expressing sympathy that my drive hadn’t arrived.   I thought I would just wait, maybe they will pick me up at the usual time 7:40. Next thing I know there is a fellow walking toward me with a motor cycle helmet in his hand, “Oh, Oh, (I’m thinking) this nice fellow is going to offer to drive me to school on his motor cycle”. But no, he spoke English and he was just offering to call the school for me, so they would be able to send someone!  The driver did come at 7:35 (same fellow who met me at the airport), so I got there fashionably late.
My schedule is running smoother, and the kids are getting cuter, didn’t think it was possible. I see very little trouble with discipline. The children are very agreeable and the teachers all LOVE the children so much.  In all Brazilians are very pleasant  people.  
The cafeteria ladies set out coffee out for us in a thermos at break times. There are no mugs of coffee here.  It is very strong and already heavily  sweetened  and served in tiny cups, like you would get mayo or dressing at a restaurant. No big mugs, all tiny ones, had to search in WalMart to find a regular side mug for my morning coffee, before that I was using two tiny cups at breakfast.