Friday 11 February 2011



This morning I woke to the sound of a Brazilian woman screaming “YeeeHawww”. I thought she was at the foot of my bed but…..she was in a commercial on my too loud clock radio alarm. That was a real waker upper.
The school franchise  rep was at school today and when all was said and done I have an action plan to keep me going full tilt, till I leave here the last of March. Its official, I’m staying 8 weeks, not the originally planned 6.  Looks like I’ll have almost 12 hour days at school. This after noon the owners took us out to lunch. We went to a buffet which is very popular here. I’ve been to three so far. You select your meal from the buffet and pay by weight.
Went to the grocery store again tonight, I have to carry home the water a little at a time and on the way back this time,  I was very mindful of the sidewalk ups and downs. Canadians are so polite and behave so well in line ups. While I waited at the cash register line up, two people slipped in line ahead of me, TWO, so annoying, well the third was not getting past me. So now I know to take up a lot of space in line up so no one slips past you.
The children are so very beautiful, dark eyes, beautiful hair and so cute. We have them from toddler, two years old to Grade 4. The school goes up a grade every year.  Not sure how far they will go. Wish I had known how much they want Canadian teaching materials and I would have filled an extra suit case.