Friday 30 March 2012

March 30, 2012


Up early for my ‘Sunday drive’ on Friday morning. I took a tour out on the almost deserted roads and got a bit more familiar with the road system. I went in one expressway and came back the other. Their road system is a bit more complicated than ours. Where we can take an exit and usually just enter back on the road we left by keeping straight through, well that doesn’t happen here. You exit then have to drive toward town then make a U turn to get back to high way then another U turn to return in the direction from which you came. Also the exits aren’t labeled by the street in which you turn off. Confusing, glad I have my map.
I stopped off at Costa coffee but all the Canadians have gone on break so had a coffee with my friend from last time, a lazy old tom cat who lives around Costa Coffee.  Later in the afternoon I went to the Dolphin Club for lunch with some teachers and a swim. The pool was not as nice as the ocean, the water in it was too hot.
  This evening went out to Carrefour, something like Walmart, picked up things I needed and went driving to the Al Qurm Heights area, so beautiful, views of the ocean from high hills. Will be going back with my camera.


 Passed by this building, had to take a picture.
 My friend Tom, now that's the life.
 Close up of Tom
Where we had lunch and a swim.