Thursday 8 March 2012

March 8, 2012


 My apartment above. I am on the 4th floor left hand side.
This morning started off very well, a warm water shower and my hairdryer problems were solved by turning the button to 250 volt. I gathered all my electronic problems and went next door where a teacher from South Africa called me a taxi, a fellow recommended by a teacher from Arizona. He came promptly and let me off at the mall where I was able to solve all my electronic communication problems. My iPhone is now back to Bell settings and accepting the Bell SIM card, my computer will go online and will go fairly fast if I position myself by the window and my old Egyptian phone is working with the Omani SIM card, I had bought for my iPhone. I had time to go to Carrefour (a big French chain store that has groceries and food) to pick up things I needed for the apartment and food. I picked up a Live-Work-Explore Oman book as well as a map of Muscat. Nassaur Taxi drove me home and then I went for a hike up the large sand dune/hill behind our apartment. Lots of tracks of little animals, but I didn’t see any. In the evening one of the teachers came down and asked me up for supper, that’s two invites in two evenings. The teachers are certainly very supportive, now if class goes as well I’m set. The teachers are from all over the world, Scotland, England, India, Peru, Australia, South Africa Canada, US, Mexico and that’s just a few. The students are mostly Omani.
 Above is the view on from the hill I climbed today facing East.
Below is facing North.