Wednesday 14 March 2012

March 14, 2012


TGIW, That’s what you say when your weekend starts on Wednesday. Well made it through the week and beginning to get a handle on things. But…although it is the weekend we have to go in and help with entrance testing for an hour and a half  in the morning. This afternoon after school we went for a walk on the beach, the water is so warm, can’t wait till I have a car and can go as I please.  As we walked on the beach we met a large group of Omani girls, they were so excited to meet us, we felt like rare birds. They had to stop and talk and ask us questions and have lots of pictures taken. They were so cute. The mosquitoes have discovered us and are coming in every hole in the building, no screens at all and as one fellow said, “It felt like Pearl Harbor last night”. My laundry room has a cement ‘screen’ with holes  large enough to let in a small bird.
Had to get my picture taken for my residency card and for a lot of other things where it is needed. I’ll need a medical on Monday. I signed my contract today. No AC on yet but they say that is unusual but I love the heat. My feet haven’t been cold since I left Canada.

Must be a crab, digs a hole and makes a hill of the sand
 Onani girls on the beach
 So cute and friendly