Thursday 29 March 2012

March 29, 2012


Started off the day by getting up at 5 instead of 6… set the alarm wrong. We had a workshop at school till 10:30. It was a beautiful morning and we are so close to the beach so I went for another swim. I left my clothing and towel on the beach in a bag. I had a brilliant idea… put my keys in a plastic bag and bury them in the sand under my bag with my clothes. That way they would be safe if someone walked off with my bag.  When I finished my swim I rushed in to find my clothing wet by the tide, grabbed it and went to change in my clothes. Then…Oh, Oh I forgot to dig up the keys. By now the waves had washed away any sign of where I buried them and my foot prints when I picked up my clothes. Forgetting any Onani modesty, I was frantically digging up the wave line, in my bathing suit, trying to find my keys with visions of having to wait till Saturday to get a new set of keys. Eventually I just gave up and hoped the waves would uncover the bag, which they finally did. Whew!!
 In Oman U turns are the norm. They are allowed at many intersections and are fun. Later this evening I went to the Corniche (road by the water) with one of the Australian teachers and we planned where we would go during the break that is coming up in a week.  I had lemon with mint juice which is so good, I passed on cucumber and lemon, a combination I wasn’t too sure about.
 Area behind us.
 Mountains behind us.
 An old tower I came across when driving