Sunday 18 March 2012

March 18, 2012


First day of the week, but with an abbreviated schedule, classes were shortened from 55 to 35 min and the students went home early. We had meetings all afternoon to plan the next 6 weeks. Now I will know what is planned and be able work on my own schedule and now be wondering what was covered already.  The school area is quite big and still hard to navigate. Rearranged the class so I can see the boys all looking at me and I can see their name tags, I have the names of the most active one memorized very well. Working on the quiet ones now and sorting the multiples.
Almost every evening we go walking on the beach, it is beautiful, it is all I can do, not to swim in the water , it is so warm, no OHHHH factor at all. When I get my car I’ll be able to walk to the beach from and school and have a dip after school.  The beach here is opposite of the Brazil beach, it is very  shallow for quite a long way out and not many waves and no rocks. Have plans to snorkel on Wednesday after school.  Guess it is awesome and one of the teachers was telling how she was kayaking on the weekend. I guess kayaks can be rented very cheaply. My recruiter from Teacher Horizons paid our school a visit today. Saw him for a few minutes, nice to see him in person..  
 A beach house
Walk way from school to beach