Friday 16 March 2012

March 16, 2012


 Work starts again tomorrow on Saturday. It’s very confusing trying to get a routine when the days are mixed up.  Skype is blocked here and  a VPN account is needed to get Skype working. But this morning (for me) I called Ian (late night for him) on my Google video phone, from my Google mail account. At first it didn’t work and we were typing back and forth but suddenly we could hear and see each other.  No voice delay and it was great. Tried Linda on FB  video this morning but it didn’t work.  So looks like I can talk to people , for free, of they have a gmail account. Will have to try and see if I can call actual telephones with it.
Spent most of the day grading papers and sorting and figuring out all my 3 Abdullahs, 3 Mohammeds and 2 Ferris’ and 2 Ahmeds and trying to sort out who owned what paper.They are as bad as the Johns and Marys at home.
 Yesterday was 34C but today was about 32C, it is getting warmer all the time, by June people just don’t go out. We went for a walk on the beach and since it was high tide the football gamers had less room to play and all we did was dodge players and balls.  The water is so very warm, can’t wait till I get a car them perhaps I can go after school, since we are a short walk to the beach.  Got a car hire quote from two companies and will check with a third. I may have to wait for a residency card, but may get it as a tourist, will have to wait and see.  The traffic is good and manageable and I’m  busy trying to memorize my way to school, so every time I get a ride I get tested.
 beach walk
 Al Qurm Heights
 End of beach walk
 football players taking a break
 Sunset Muscat