Friday 27 April 2012

April 26, 2012


This morning I was up early, for some reason can’t sleep in here in Oman. The fish market was calling me again so I went off to Mutrah and was able to get some nice pictures. From there I spent time at Carrefour getting a beach umbrella and mat…..essentials here. Getting a feel for the place and finding my way about much better. In the evening four of us (Canada, Australia, India and US) went to the Dolphin Club which is not far from our place. It was a dinner and dance by the pool, a fund raiser for Ethiopian orphans. My last hair cut was the first of March so by now I’m getting quite shaggy and have been hunting for a hairdresser. Well problem solved, I won a cut and blow dry at the dinner. 
At the Mutrah fish market

Mutrah fish market

At home we call these bill fish
Cutting the fish for customers
Local Omani

Wheel barrow of sword fish
Canada, Canada, India, Australia

Party

The palm trees by the pool.