Saturday 7 April 2012

April 6, 2012


This morning I went out early to get to know the Muscat roads. I found some places I needed to go and then went off toward the area where the Sultan’s palace is situated. Lovely drive, lots of rock and beautiful ocean views. Stopped in a little cove and there were goats everywhere, some even sitting on cars. So far I have only seen the rich and privileged (school children) where it is like a car show of all the best when the parents or drivers come to pick up the children. On this drive I saw some of the poor people, such as the ones with the goats.
Did quite well and only was  a bit lost once. This evening a group of us went to a restaurant called ‘The Silk Road’, A Thai, Japanese and Chinese restaurant, with very good food.  After that we went to the to the Chati hotel for drinks, mine was orange juice since I was driving. Very luxurious place, we sat on a big bed/couch by the pool.

An old fort
 Going toward Mutra
On the way to see the goats
 Goats
 Comfortable goat
 Climber goat
 Sightseeing cruise.