Wednesday 4 April 2012

April 4, 2012


Break has officially started. A few of us went to the Corniche (by the water) and had a light supper. While waiting I went down on the beach to have a look at the fishermen hauling in their nets.  Looks like they set it parallel to the beach and it drifted in to the beach parallel to the wave line. They brought in their boats quite close to the shore and hauled the nets into the boat. They had a red four wheel drive and it would drive down the beach, catch the net and pull it toward the boat, where the men would haul it in the boat and take the fish out.  Then the truck would drive back up the beach and hook on to another section of the net and haul it toward the boat.  When I went by they had just taken out a Spotted Eagle Ray. Awesome fish, see pictures. Now I’m thinking….this is the beach where I swim!  

 Spotted Eagle Ray caught where I swim!!
 Big!!
 See the tail
 He posed for me, in his red Toyota
 Hauling in the net
 Fishermen