Monday 17 March 2014

Saturday March 15th Walk down Kennedy Avenue


This morning after breakfast my job was to somewhere find a fuse to fit my surge protector. Front desk guys tried to help by putting wire around the fuse so it would run, but defeating the whole idea of a fuse. I got directions on how to get to the road with Carrefour (huge grocery/department store) on it and the shopping center. I walked to Carrefour, about 2 km and no luck with the fuse there. Every place that looked like they may sell fuses I went in. The electrical shop didn’t carry them, neither did the garage but someone directed me to a hardware store. I showed them the fuse when I went in and they said no, and shook their heads. I had a feeling they may be there so I explored the store and there they were, five different sizes. So I bought all 5 sizes with about 10 in each package. I put the lowest amp one in the surge protector and the computer is charging. 


Looking up at my hotel

Squeezing sugar cane for juice. I had a glass of coconut water before I saw this.

Street market

Now that's bananas

My favorite here, papaya

Walked this street to find fuse.

My hotel


Looking like more rain to come