Friday 14 March 2014

Rain,Rain, Rain .......but Warm Rain


I leave for school about 8:30 and arrive back here about 6:30 -7:00. There are two shifts at the school, I think first one starts about 7:30 and the last about 6:00. Many of the aides and teachers stay there all day, administration are there even longer. It’s a long, long day.  The school is very well run, and super neat and, tidy.
Today I did a lesson toddlers and yesterday the JK, and it was so much fun. I kept thinking of Nolan and Owen, my grandsons who are that age bracket.
I haven’t any pictures of the area for all I do is go to school and return.  I visit every class, talk to teachers and teach in every class as well. Tomorrow my last day, I’ll teach, talk to the teachers and have some classroom activities set up for them to experience.
 I’ll be in this part of Sao Paulo until Sunday when I get a taxi and go to the next school also in Sao Paulo. The weather is awesome. You need an umbrella instead of a sweater, lots of rain in the afternoon and lots of thunder.
I brought my surge protector to school and the electrician saw that the fuse was blown. Last night I dumped out my book bag to clean it out and what fell out but the exact kind of fuse my SP needed. I remember seeing that fuse on the kitchen table at home before I left. My guardian angel must have slipped it in.
This weekend I will have to write up reports and get ready for a presentation to parents when I go to the Londrina school in Southern Brazil.
Meals are still excellent, buffet morning and evening at the hotel, buffet at a great restaurant next to school, but no snacks at all. I love Brazilian food….and I’ll say it again……. Brazilian cheese loves me.