Monday 24 March 2014

March 23, Londrina


Moving on to Londrina. I managed to squeeze all I had into the one suitcase, one carry on and one backpack. Suitcase was a bit over but the girl at the counter never said anything. My problem was the surge protector, it weighs a lot, so I had to stuff it in my back pack.  I tried to check in early but I didn’t have all the information needed including the name of the airline and they misspelled my name and put down the wrong month of birth on my ticket. Taxi driver picked me up and we arrived at the airport and it took him about 10 minutes to sort out where I was to check on. I gave him a nice tip and he shut of the taxi and walked in with me and found my check in. During all this he couldn’t speak English and me no Portuguese. Getting better at sign language.  Was picked up and taken to my hotel, very nice except it  smells too good/bad. There is a large mall behind the hotel with a huge Carrefour grocery store, so I took a walk up to get water and fruit.
Tomorrow I hit the ground running. I hope this school is a great as the other two I visited.
This is Londrina, a nice city

Looking out my window

Huge displays of Easter Eggs in Carrefour.