Friday 28 March 2014

March 27, 2014, Londrina Brazil.

School flowers
Same banana tree on Friday

Bananas  - Monday


Downtown

Behind my hotel
Now that the presentation to parents is over I have time to have a life. Monday morning I was picked up at my hotel by the school owner.  Since classes don’t start till 1:30 PM we had a meeting with the teachers all morning. It’s a new school just beginning, but will pick up lots of students as it’s a very good program. In after noon I observe classes, very small and as usual with teachers who just love children. What a wonderful place, the school building was a home and the rooms are large and comfortable. It was quite a house when it was used as a home, all tile and granite. The grounds are amazing, banana, orange, lemon, tangerine, avocado and mango. The trees are huge, I can’t imagine how they harvest the mangoes.
I knew I had to do a parents’ talk but thought it was Thursday. It was Wednesday so had to scramble and work day and night on it to be ready for Wednesday evening. They had this wonderful speaker first, a psychologist, and even if I didn’t know what he was saying I knew he was good. Hard act to follow, I had a slide show but it was translated into Portuguese, and then I had to make comments about it. After was a lot easier with some question and answers.
Tonight I’m so happy it was scheduled for Wednesday instead of Thursday. School staff is as usual great people.  We walk to lunch every day to a market nearby. We pass acerola trees (the fruit looks like tiny little red apples), there is a tree full of oranges on the other side of a fence and coffee bushes are growing by the side of the road. 
Appreciating the the climate which is so wonderful especially with the big blizzard raging at home. The trees and vines and flowering trees are amazing. Its like the most beautiful day of summer we have.
Breakfast is every morning at the hotel; it’s a feast. Eggs, rolls, yogurt, granola, fruit, meat, and lots of croissants with cheeses and other fillings. There is also many sweets that we would call desserts. One more day and here and it flew by so fast. 

Oranges

avocado

Coffee in the raw

acerola
Looking up at the school

Acerola in the tree