Monday 17 March 2014

Sunday March 16th. Vila Nova


Not sure why my posts don't have the correct date since my computer does.
Packed everything last night and was ready to go at noon. I brought a lot of  (heavy) books and a whole suitcase of Dollar Store things teachers can turn into learning activities. The Dollar Store things will be staying in Brazil, won’t be needing them on the way home. Called the taxi and had quite a long drive to my next destination, Vila Nova, which is also part of Sao Paulo. I’m not sure about the taxi driver, the meter said 70 reals but he insisted it was 120 reals being a Sunday and going from city to city. I asked for someone from the hotel to confirm if he were correct, they agreed, so I had to give him his amount. (One Canadian $ equals 2.13 Brazil reals.)
This hotel is the Intercity Premium, Ibirapuera, very nice, no carpet, which I like. It’s similar to the Delta in Halifax and on a street that looks like it’s a business district, very nice area.
Sao Paulo is the king of street graffiti, it is everywhere.

Looking out my window in Vila Nova

Looking right

Right across the street

Looking left