Saturday 26 January 2008

January 26, 2008

Moved into my new apartment it is awesome, huge but awesome. It is fully furnished, furniture, pots and pans, dishes, garlic press, corkscrew, bedding and a washer is ordered .. you name it. All I had to buy was a coffee maker, towels, mop and broom. And…….I have an excellent internet connection, much better than at home. Someone else nearby has unsecured wireless and I’m on it. In fact I was able to hook into another secure one by guessing a password. Took a shower this morning, there is hot water and cold water but they come out of the shower head in three temps, scalding hot, freezing cold and just right. I have to learn when to step in and out of the shower spray. I finally have a phone, it is a tri band which can work in any country. .80 cents a minute to Canada. I bought minutes no plan just pay as I go. The market is around the corner and I will have to pick up more groceries and bug tight containers. I guess the cockroaches are almost human here. Got to keep everything sealed tight. I’m using the microwave for a bread box, don’t think the critters can live in there.