Wednesday 16 January 2008

January 16, 2008

Jan 16, 2008 This morning on the way to school we stopped to pick up another colleague. Had to wait about 10 minutes for he was stuck in the elevator. I guess it is quite common, power goes out, elevator stops, no big deal. I have my climate more under control, I wear many layers and the big shawl Susan Mallette gave me. Right in style, everyone wears them, men, women, children and foreign teachers. Even has the same label! I figured out why there are so many Egyptian support staff. In any company in Egypt the company must hire 8 Egyptians for every foreign worker. Classes are small but spirited, the children need lots of work on following direction, lots! Following the www.irlen.com recommendations, left off my fluorescent lights today and there was almost definite behavior improvement in my most, most impulsive student. I hope this continues. Going to look an another apartment tonight I think. Barry goes with me for he knows the score, what to look in, where to look under and how to bargain. The floors are all cement and I think most tubs are pre poured with cement when the house is built for all the walls inside are cement. No need to worry about sound between two rooms when you have about a foot of cement, must be a challenge to hang a picture