Thursday 23 May 2013

Majan Beach


Thursday all over again, the weekend is here.  Our weekend now is Friday and Saturday. This week was busy as usual, the days fly by and then its time to get ready for tomorrow. Sunburn has all faded away and this evening went to Majan Beach with Maggie for a snorkel. The beach is in a small cove and is surrounded by coral. The sand is white and full of shell bits. Looking in the water close to shore it is interesting to see all the shells filled with crabs all scurrying around. I was swimming in a huge school of fish about 20 cm long and was surrounded by them, what a feeling. There is an deep area close to shore where the Surgeon-fish always swim, they are so beautiful, blue and white with yellow fins.  Then I looked down and below me I saw a huge leather back type turtle, probably the size of a car tire, the largest I have seen at this beach. These turtles are awesome.

Apartment is fine except for lack of water pressure. I think I have finally figured out how to manage the A/C. It’s a balance between sweating all night or freezing. As for the mosque next door, don't even hear it any more.

My girls are awesome and am enjoying them very much, such interesting people. They love art and have made some awesome creations.
The weather here is quite lovely, being a sun worshiper, I just love to walk out and soak it up. Its in the high 30s and low 40s these days.   Back home June 21, going to try get in a visit to the Souq tomorrow. 
Corniche Muscat. Its a long causeway drive which is very popular for walking and driving.

One of the most beautiful Mosques, within walking distance from my apartment.

Another mosque on the way home

Worth coming to Oman, Its all fresh blended fruit, no sugar

These forts are all over Oman, located usually on hilltops.

Mutrah Corniche

Fancy Arch on the way into Mutrah

Frangipani, they are so beautiful and smell wonderful