Saturday 11 May 2013

Beach day




Woke up just before dawn, and realized…. I’m next to a mosque.  The call to prayer was being broadcasted my way quite loudly. The second time I was up at 7:00 to meet Maggie to go to the fish market, I enjoy looking at all the different types of fish for sale. Met my flatmate last night, he is about 25 cm long, tan in color and can run up the walls like Edmund Hilary, but he said his name was Gecko.  Made a trip to Carrefour the big supermarket and picked up essentials, surge protector and kitchen supplies. Joined Karen for lunch at The Silk Route, one of my favorite restaurants. At four I met Ingi, Helen, Sally Anne and Azra and her two little mermaids, at Majan beach for swimming and snorkeling. When I left in June the girls were just learning to snorkel, today they were like little fish.. Water was so warm but was a bit murky and the visibility wasn’t so good but it was very nice. We had our usual picnic spread and we all said how much we missed Veronica who is in Morocco.

Majan Beach is a small cove and the bottom is all coral. We make sure to wear water shoes for all the little holes are homes to very spiny sea urchins.
Having problems posting pictures, will post later.