Saturday 13 September 2014

September 12, 2014

-->
Finished work at my first school today, excellent place, wonderful people and dear little children.
Yesterday on the way between the two schools I saw people eating berries of a tree so I tried them too. They were mulberries, always wondered what they looked and tasted like. Very good but so juicy they stain your face and fingers.
The school staff were so kind and brought me so many cups of tea to help with my cold.
Today was a day off so I took the metro to the main financial part of the city, Paulista.  It’s a great subway system, so clean and easy to navigate.  I met with some Maple Bear staff for lunch near Paulista, at a very nice place in an out of the way corner. We had wild boar ragout with manoic root. It was so delicious and soft shell crab as an appetizer. Now I know what we can do with those vicious green crabs at the wharf.
On the way to the restaurant I did an impromptu, selfie bone density test, by tripping over a piece of uneven side walk and falling ungraciously flat at the feet of several people. Passed the bone density test with a bit of scraped skin on both knees.
The rest of the afternoon I went to the MASP (art gallery) on Paulista and later just sat and watched the street performers, so much music on the street.
In the evening I took the metro again to another area and met a friend from a former school, for supper, Great meal, lovely place and although I was prepared to ride the subway back but they wouldn’t hear of it and drove me back to the hotel. Great day!
Mullberries

Evening espresso..not for me

Interesting tiles in Sao Paulo

Street near Alto De Pinheiros Maple Bear  school

Restaurant near Paulista, we ate outside

Building on Paulista

View of street from Sao Paulo Museum of art

Espresso for me

Street vendors

Going down into the metro

Compare the prices. Divide in half for dollar value

Looking out my window in Jundiai