Monday 1 September 2014

Sap Paulo Again


Back in Sao Paulo Again, working for Maple Bear Global Schools. Left Toronto almost 3 hours late, more mechanical problems with plane, just like my last flight out of Newfoundland. Arrived in Sao Paulo about 2:00 PM. Took a taxi to the L’Opera Hotel and had a four hour nap, didn’t get much sleep at all on the plane.
The hotel is what I’d call faded glory. It was a very nice place in its time and still is clean and well run. Rooms are nice and staff is very helpful. For two afternoons and evenings I was hearing beautiful singing nearby. Just figured out, the doorway on the street opposite my window that says Deos Amor is a Pentecostal meeting place. They sure can sing. Seriously thought of going over to listen, since the door was wide open.
School tomorrow, presentation to teachers tomorrow evening. Forgot my Skype mike. Will have to search for a store nearby that sells electronics. Everything was shut down tight today, being Sunday but it looks like there are a lot of stores around. I think the metro isn’t too far away either. I’ll be here at this hotel two weeks so I should get more familiar with the area.
Sao Paulo from Air Canada

Taxi Stand Dog

On the way in town