Saturday 12 March 2011

Thursday Geiselle picked me up and we drove her school in Sorocaba about 100 Km from Sao Paulo.  What a beautiful setting for a school. The have an enrollment of about 175 and the grounds are a fruit grove, bananas, coconuts, star fruit, a red fruit something like a cherry, avocados, mangoes, a fruit that looks a bit like a tomato with a stem like a tomato and more. The climate there is not all rain like Sao Paulo,  its very nice and warm and has much more sunshine than Sao Paulo. We had meetings and observed classes all day Thursday and Friday I taught three classes. A very good school, with a controlled, comfortable atmosphere. I stayed at the Ibis Hotel and plugged in my surge protector for they had 220 wiring.My surge protector made a funny noise and then wouldn't light up any more and the TV and hairdryer also wouldn't work. Think I blew a fuse, better than blowing the computer.
Friday after noon Geiselle and I went back to Sao Paulo with her son Guillame who is preparing to defend his thesis in a few weeks. Traffic wasn't too bad so we arrived in Sao Paulo before it was too late.
Today, Saturday I catch a flight home at about 8:30  PM .Leona and Owen will pick me up in Ottawa. and Archie and I will arrive home in Judique on Monday. I'll have to look for my socks and my warmer coat before I leave the airport in Ottawa.