Monday 2 June 2008

Ticket Home

Pictures of my students playing games with a parachute I borrowed from another school. Hot as can be today 40C+. Like an oven but a dry heat. IT IS OFFICIAL, I LEAVE CAIRO ON THE 25TH OF JUNE, FLY TO HEATHROW, MONTREAL AND ARRIVE IN HALIFAX AT 11:30 PM THE SAME DAY. I could take time to travel in Europe or elsewhere but it will be much better to get to Canada again and see what is familiar and Canadian. Susan tells me my daffodils are blooming, the asparagus is up and my fruit trees blooming. That is exciting to hear. Report card marks are due in on Sunday the 8th then it is much less stressful. I was sitting out in the sun at school today waiting for my students when a little boy came and sat next to me. He looked at me and said, “Your hair is so beautiful! It has two colours, white and brown”. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.