Monday 3 March 2008

March 3, Monday

Sunday (we have school on Sunday) on the way to school we saw the results of a car truck crash. Two or three cars/SUV had run into an oil tanker. The tanker had leaked what looked like all its oil at the crash scene at top of a hill. Today the wrecks were still there with oil which had run down the hill on the side of the road for about a km, still there. That is Egypt. Home it would be an environmental emergency. An exciting thing happened in class today. One of my students is an underachiever and having serious problems. I was having him read for me when I decided to pull out my Irlen transparent colored sheets and try see if he could read any better with the page colored. He didn't see any improvement on any color I tried until I reached orange. The orange was very good for him. When I asked why he said the letters stopped moving!! Another intelligent child who can't read only, because he has to chase the words all over the page. www.irlen.com for more information