Tuesday 1 April 2014

In Vitoria

March 30
 As the usual way with rain in Brazil, the rain last night and today is torrential. I was picked up at the hotel and got to the airport good and early. The problems started when we arrived…flight delayed due to fog, (sounds like Sydney). Then when I went to check in, (I was so glad to be with Andrea who speaks Portuguese), there was a mix up in my flights. I was asked to stay a bit longer at the next school so my flight to Sao Paulo needed to be changed. The wrong flight was changed so I had no flight out of Londrina but two flights from Vitoria to Sao Paulo. After a lot of explaining and talking I had a ticket out of Londrina. When I was in the airport at Londrina and at Sao Paulo I couldn’t get on line to let anyone know when I would arrive so when I did arrive no one knew I was there. Got on line in Vitoria and accessed all the emails and was able to call/Skype and let them know where I was. All went well had a ride to the hotel and supper in no time at all….and as usual; more wonderful people. 
March 31: 
I’m at a hotel with the beach on the other side of the road. Love it and breakfast is just as great as the other 3 places. When a hotel in Canada and the US say breakfast with the room, they mean, bagels, toast, doughnuts and powdered eggs. These breakfasts are a feast; eggs, meat, lots of tropical fruit, cheese filled rolls, many other rolls,  but then there is cake, cheese cakes, croissants and all kinds of sweets…..and I do stay away from the sweets.
The school is just starting up but I’m sure will be gaining more students soon. Maple Bear is a well run franchise and the curriculum is consistent and the same all over the world. It’s a very good program, plus the children learn English through immersion.

Behind Hotel

At airport

Londrina hotel

This morning's view from my window in Vitoria

My  Vitoria hotel....from the water line

Hotel beach

This garbage can isn't going anywhere....good solid cement!

Gas prices-Top line is gasoline as we know it. One Canadian $ is = to 2.06  Brazilian Real. Do the math
3.00 Reals per liter ....so  near $1.50 a liter

Sweet side of breakfast


The better side of breakfast

View from school

My walking beach