Friday 8 February 2008

Feb8, 2008

Friday/Saturday, It may be Friday but it is my Saturday. Met Linda C at the ball field, it is the place where all the Expats meet, British, Canadian, European, US. We walked over to the leather coat shop to look at his coats and pick up Linda C’s coat. He makes beautiful coats for a fraction of the coat we would pay at home. I’ve been listening to the birds wondering what was making the crow sounds. Well Egyptian crows are grey and black, they are the same size as our black ones and sound like a crow with a cold. Plumbing troubles, someone gave me the blue print for getting something fixed here. First you complain and the landlord sends over about 5 or 6 people. They all confer and figure out they can’t fix it that day. Then the repair person comes, opps didn’t bring the right part, second time he realizes he needs something else. This goes on and on. Meanwhile I have 2 showers which only work when I use a wrench, a hot water heater which sprays water all over the bathroom when I take a shower and a bathrooms sink which drains all over the floor, then runs down the drain in the floor…..and a washer which still doesn’t spin!! A personal tool kit is essential. Tomorrow….the big adventure. Think I’m getting my hair cut. Maybe I’ll have to wear a head scarf!