Saturday 8 June 2013

Nora is here

 
It has been a year since I last drove to the airport in Muscat, so I left about 9:30, Sunday, to meet Nora’s flight. Amazingly this is the time of day that everyone comes out, the traffic in town was very heavy until I hit the highway. I arrived by a different road and since there is always some kind of construction, I missed the parking lot and was heading back to the highway. I pulled over just to assess the situation and a taxi driver who was waiting around, saw me, and I asked him where the parking entrance was. He leaned in the car, motioned for me to move my bag off the passenger seat and he jumps in the passenger side and proceeded to give me directions as I drove, on where to turn in to the parking area.  On arrival at the parking lot he jumped out and trotted back to his cab! The flight was delayed so she arrived at 11:00 PM instead of 9:30PM. No complications, and she was able to get a visa, collect all her luggage and we made it back home no problem.
Next day Nora slept 13 hours, till 2:00.  A group of us went to dinner at the Silk Route, my favourite restaurant in Muscat. We all ordered different dishes and shared. It was an excellent meal.
Tuesday was the day the girls were waiting for, for since I arrived. Nora came to school with Orb Factory tiaras for the girls to decorate. They had a wonderful time decorating their own tiara and looked like Arabian princesses when they wore them. Many thanks to Steve Kay at OrbFactory.com for the tiaras.
By Tuesday evening I was feeling extraordinarily tired. That was the beginning of 4 days of a very disabling bout of the Omani flu.  All work and social engagements cancelled till I was mobile. Nora is a very good nurse.
Went to Majan beach yesterday and it was beautiful as usual. Nora was able to see the sea turtles and identified some fish since they were in the fish tank at work. We saw sea anemones with little clown fish hiding in them, trigger fish and Parrot fish.  
Next time I’m taking my underwater camera  Linda sent, and will be able to get some pictures.