Tuesday 5 June 2012

June 4, 2012


Yesterday started with a big bang. I was going to do an experiment in school and I needed 3 hard-boiled eggs. When I turned on the stove about 6 in the morning I discovered my gas had run out. Since I wanted the eggs, I thought, I’ll use the microwave to cook them. I put them in a bowl half full of water and set it for 5, then I added 3 three more minutes…..just to be sure they were hard boiled.  Kaboom!! The explosion blew open the door of the microwave and splattered egg pieces everywhere, cupboards, wall, floor and some on me. I’m still scraping egg pieces of the walls…….and the microwave doesn’t work.
It was very hot and humid today which made it extra hot. We had supper at a friend’s apartment and later Linda and one of the teachers went dune bashing on quads they rented at the dunes near our apartment. It was very hot but they had fun.  Counting down the days, can’t wait to feel the coolness of home.