Wednesday 28 May 2008

Fruit

I have a new ticket possibility and may be home late evening the 25 of June. It means I will leave a day early. Just have to get it paid for by the school. I am very excited but have a lot to get done before I leave. Today was high 35C but I know it is hotter than that on the bus on the way home. We have AC in all classrooms but it is a melt-freeze situation. I guess we will have to rearrange furniture to get everyone, including me out of the icy blast. There are always new trees bursting into bloom. The red ones are still prominent but now there are beautiful pink ones as well. The holly hocks are at the end of their stalks. The fruit at the market is so good. The little (6 inch) Egyptian bananas are tasty, the deep purple all the way through Egyptian plums are so sweet, apricots so tart and tasty, black berries, blue berries, many kinds of melons, guavas, sweet tiny tomatoes, and many more and vegetables as well. I always buy fresh squeezed juice by the liter, it is so very good, orange, grapefruit, lemon, strawberry, sugarcane, coconut, guava, mango and more. I have noticed two large trees on either side of my flat have a lot of green fruit, I know one is mango and the other I will have to ask about. A bus load (coach type) of us are going to Sinai, I will be with the divers and go to Dahab to snorkel, swim and relax on the beach. We are going after school Thursday and will get there late. We will return Saturday evening. Dahab is nice, not as high pressure as Luxor. The coral reefs there are close to shore.