Tuesday 3 March 2015

Republica Market, Sao Paulo


-->
Sunday I had a chance to explore Sao Paulo and look for some Markets. I walked to the Anna Rosa metro station and took the train to a market that sold Peruvian hand crafts but they were all too bulky. I’ll be flying domestic to two schools and the baggage allowance is much less than from Toronto. I took the metro to Republica Square where there is a big market. I did some Xmas shopping (2015) and bought some cut and uncut stones. The subway is quite easy to negotiate and can cover a lot of territory. (My tracker said I walked 8 km). Sao Paulo is a huge city.
They sell so many crafts and interesting items at the markets. Breakfast at the hotel is very good and last night I ate at the restaurant from the menu. Tonight I was so hungry since breakfast was my last bite of food and I avoid street food unless it’s deep-fried. I had a nice surprise. They serve a buffet every night but Saturday, and it was so good. Monday, was my first day at Chacara Klabin school, another great group of people and cute kids. Today was the first day of ballet lessons after school, the little girls in pink ballet suits are so cute.
I just have to say it again ……it is so wonderful to have a local phone here. I can text local and always have a map.
At Republica Market

At Republica Market

Republica

Peruvian Market

Republica Market

Sao Paulo Matro


River in Sao Paulo

Bought 2 from these fellows

Market food

Republica Market

Selling stones

Labradorite and Lapis lazuli