Tuesday 15 April 2008

Felucca Ride

Finally got my washer fixed, the repairman spent 4 hours putting it back together, now it works, mind you it takes more that 2 hours to run through a wash cycle but that is an Egyptian washer for you. The repairman Mohamed is a general fix it all so he was going to repair my 4th AC unit but when he took of the cover off the unit which is outside, a mother bird flew away. She left behind her just hatched baby and some eggs, so we put the cover back on and will wait two weeks. Today was in the high 30s and this evening we hired a felucca for a ride on the Nile. Lovely evening, the water was calm as it usually is and it is quiet out on the water. We rarely ever have wind here in Cairo, the seed pods from last years season are still hanging on the trees. I’m excited about Peggy Burke, Alice Campbell and my Daughters Linda and Nora coming to see me. We will take a Nile Cruise from the 28 for 4 days and 3 nights. Will have to visit the pyramids and see some of the sights in the city. I’m going to Hurghada this weekend, another beach weekend on the Red Sea.